Thursday, July 24, 2014

         Hello and welcome to Sinister Rouge Pin Up & More!   

The idea is pretty simple, to create an online place to showcase passionate people and what they do, to bring information to our readers in our areas of expertise so that they can get to know us and what we do.  Of course, pictures of pretty ladies in between never hurt anyone! 

I have had a passion for pin up since that day in grade school when I stumbled across Marilyn Monroe.  Those soft lines, the ease of which she posed, the idea of catching a beauty in mid-laugh, or what looks like being totally at ease in an extremely difficult pose, the fantasy and beautiful illusion it creates, I was in love. 

I’m a fangirl all the way, I am passionate about what I love and it shows in what I create.  My products and their names are inspired by pin up, music, TV shows, movies, and books…I love seeing that spark in someone’s eye when they recognize the references. 

Our packaging has been created with a pin up image in mind from the start.  When it became time for me to start promoting our products with a photo shoot, there was no question it was going to be pin up themed. 

The second we began shooting, I felt at home, I was in love with the process and being a part of creating those images.  The pride I took in staging every last detail, then seeing the results was so gratifying; I have become addicted to creating the pin up images I always wanted to see. 

This concept started as a way to showcase those images, give me a reason to continue shooting and showcase artisans and crafters that are as passionate about what they do as I am.  I also wanted a place where multiple genres could cross over and get exposure from like minded people that you may not have reached any other way. 

If there’s one thing I’ve learned through this process, it’s that even if we may not have much in common, we can all recognize and respect that fiery passion in another artist and creator, whether it’s our style or not.  I want us all to be able to come together here to showcase that passion and support each other the way only other creative, passionate people can…and share that with the world.

The only rule for participating: Opposing thoughts and discussions are always welcome, but spewing negativity and trolling will not be tolerated.  We're here to support and be constructive in our criticism, not bash others for what they do. 
Thank you for stopping by!
Check back daily for new blog posts!

~ Selena of 13th Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment