Monday, August 4, 2014

PA Burlesque Festival this weekend!

 

Selena from 13th Moon here...I'm super excited to announce that not only will we be attending the 5th Annual PA Burlesque Festival in Jim Thorpe this weekend, but I will also be there vending for 13th Moon & representing Sinister Rouge Pin Up with the one and only Jolie Kasar!  Stop by and say hello, we'll be in the Mauch Chunk Ballroom above the Museum on Broadway from 10am-5pm on Saturday and 10am-4pm on Sunday!  Did I mention that the 13th Moon/Sinister Rouge make up line will be unveiled here for the first time, too?


Jolie Kasar will be representing Sinister Rouge at the PA Burlesque Festival this weekend!

The PA Burlesque Festival and Madame Corsetiere hold a very special place in my heart for many reasons.  For starters, it was her invitation to be a part of the first Burlesque Bazaar in 2011 that first brought me to this magical mountain town known as Jim Thorpe.  It was at that event that I met two ladies that would not only be a part of our business once we got to town here, but also a spark of inspiration for so much more.  They both have joined us here at Sinister Rouge as contributors as well, Tanya Crouse & Sara Vogel!
Tanya Crouse, Sara Vogel, & Selena Mazmanian at the 2013 PA Burlesque Festival

Then, there was just being a part of such an amazing event.  Women of all shapes, sizes, and ages gathered to feel beautiful and empower each other, I had never been in a room with so many women all smiling and having fun.  No one was hiding in the corner feeling bad about themselves, there were no groups of mean girls making others feel bad about themselves, I didn't have to stick up for anyone getting bullied and that really stuck with me.  How was she able to create this atmosphere?  I still haven't totally figured that part out, but what I do know is that I want to be a part of it every chance I get!  Hope to see you there!

For more information on the PA Burlesque Festival, check out www.PABurlesque.com or their Facebook Page.   

1 comment: