Tuesday, May 19, 2015

#TakeMeHomeTuesday - Itty Bitty Kitty - Rescue Spotlight!

Rescue Spotlight: Itty Bitty Kitty
First a little back story: When my parents moved to PA in June of2003, my dad decided that he needed a kitten of his own. Lancelot, a polydactyl tuxedo, known as Morpheus at the time, weaseled his way into his heart. I had recently moved to MA, and wanted a cat of my own. In October, I came home to visit, and his grumpy littermate, named Neo, wasn’t yet adopted. Kathy, who worked with Peaceable Kingdom at the time, brought Neo (who is now known as Loki) to meet me. Loki purred at me and chilled in my lap. After an 8 hour drive, we settled into my apartment, and we’ve been best buddies ever since.
Flash forward a few years, and Kathy started a fo ster only organization known as Itty Bitty Kitty. They’re currently raising money for a shelter, since the cats are either housed at a home or in a Pet Store.  Those of us who volunteer go to the stores, answer questions, play with the cats and take care of their enclosures. It’s not the best environment, to be sure.  If you’re interested in helping at all, please click on the link above!
Let me highlight two of the older kitties we currently in the mix, Big Dude and Jill.
Big Dude (https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/31419585) is adorable and a big love bug. All he wants to do is eat treats and catnip. He loves playing with toys, being brushed, and petted. He just needs a home where he will be showered with affection and love!
Jill (https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/31967773) was recently returned. This is her second time coming back to IBK. She’s super sweet and just needs a forever home!
If you’re interested in adopting one of these sweet kitties, just click on the link above to get more information and contact IBK. We’re always looking for volunteers and foster families too!

No comments:

Post a Comment