Monday, June 29, 2015

The Bookstore Speakeasy a bit of the 20s in Bethlehem!

This a photo of the bar taken from their Facebook page. I'm not showing you anything else, because it would take away from the experience!

336 Adams Street
Bethlehem, PA  18015
 610-867-1100 (you need to call to make a reservation)
Hours: Tue - Sat  5:00 pm - 2:00 am

The Speakeasy is located underneath an old school building. Years ago, it was a spaghetti restaurant, or so I've been told. When you walk in, you see a hostess stand and some bookshelves. The magic happens behind a curtain. When you walk into the back of the restaurant, you're transported into something out of the 1920's. The interior is dark wood and filled with lamps and vintage decor. The menu placed at each table is an upcycled book, something I thought was very cute given the name.

They serve expensive vintage cocktails ($14) and a variety of beers and wines ($7-20). Everything is tasty, and I recommend trying something fancy! The food is excellent, and there is a good enough variety to satisfy everyone in your party. I haven't tried their desserts, but I'm sure they're wonderful, too.

They have live music some nights (usually weekends) and the bands play vintage songs and dress in vintage clothing.  Depending on the night, you'll either find people dressed in fancy clothing or people in jeans. The crowd is unpredictable. I prefer dressing up when I go there because it just feels right!

I totally recommend going to The Bookstore for a fancy date night. They usually run Groupons, which makes the experience even more affordable!

No comments:

Post a Comment