Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The Eighth Day of Christmas with Krystal Lake: Xmas Cocktails

Okay, so anyone who knows me is well aware that I am a Maker's Mark girl! I have even ventured out to Kentucky to do the distillery tour and dipped my own bottle. Yeah... I'm that girl.  I also raided the gift shop and if I'm ever out and see a gift set with a bottle and glasses, I have to have it! I can't help it, I have been this way since I turned 21. I will never forget the first time I had whiskey and I realized that is what grandma's breath smelled like at holiday parties. So, I guess you could say it's a family thing. As a result, I will try and have tried many of the Maker's Mark drink recipes that do not have dairy in them and aren't super complicated. All of the drink recipes I am sharing with you today are from the Maker's Mark website, but I have tried them all and love them! So if you like whiskey and or cider flavored cocktails, some of these might just be your cup of tea.

I'm going to share my favorite three Maker's Mark Cocktails: Kentucky Mulled Cider, Bourbon Cider Cocktail, and Kentucky Bubbly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kentucky Mulled Cider

"Hot, spicy and sweet, the Kentucky Mulled Cider is perfect for cold-weather parties or just sipping by the fire." - Maker's Mark Official Website

Ingredients

-1 1/4 parts Maker's Mark Bourbon
- Hot Apple Cider
- Dash of allspice
- Tall cinnamon stick and lemon slice for garnish

Instructions

1. Add Maker's Mark Bourbon to a footed mug.
2. Fill Mug with hot apple cider and a dash of allspice.
3. Garnish with a tall cinnamon stick and lemon slice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bourbon Cider Cocktail
By Anthony Caporale - Host, Art of The Drink and Mixology Consultant

"The dry apple flavor in the cider pairs perfectly with the Maker's Mark Bourbon and bitters. This easy-drinking cocktail goes with almost anything." - Maker's Mark Official Website

Ingredients

- 1 part Maker's Mark Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 3 parts dry hard cider
- Maraschino cherry and orange slice for garnish

Instructions

1. In a champagne glass, stir together the sugar and the bitters until the sugar dissolves.
2. Add Maker's Mark Bourbon.
3. Top with cold cider.
4. Garnish with a cherry and a slice of orange.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kentucky Bubbly

"A favorite around Derby time, this sparkling drink is a perfect way to celebrate your winner - or your also-ran." Maker's Mark Official Website

Ingredients

- 1 part Maker's Mark Bourbon
- Chilled Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider
- Maraschino cherry

Intrsuctions

1. Add Maker's Mark Bourbon to a champagne flute, then fill with chilled sparkling cider.
2. Add a Maraschino cherry,

If you are interested in more recipes with Maker's Mark, I highly recommend checking out their website here. If you have any drink recipes you think I might like, please share them in the comments below!

Stay Sweet and Twisted,

Krystal Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment