Sunday, December 20, 2015

The Seventh Day of Christmas with Krystal Lake: Favorite Xmas Songs

Yeah, as soon as Thanksgiving is over, there is no freaking way to avoid Christmas songs. In the car, shopping, watching tv... I mean these songs are everywhere!!!!! I have a bunch of weird favorites. Some traditional and classic while others are more contemporary. Regardless, they hall have that holly jolly spirit that, no matter how hard I try to resist, I just effing can't!

Here is a quick list of some of my favs:

1. Judy Garland "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" I am sort of a huge Judy fan. Maybe it's because we share the same birthday, maybe because The Wizard of Oz still makes me smile ear to ear when I see it's on tv... who knows! All I know is I love this lady, even on her not so classy and sober days.


2. Brenda Lee can do no wrong in my eyes! I want her "Rockin Around the Christmas Tree", "Jingle Bell Rock"N, telling me about "A Marshmallow World", and even about those darn "Silver Bells"! My absolute favorite of hers is "I'm Gonna Lasso Santa Claus". Don't ask.


3. "Oi to the World" by The Vandals. No Doubt also covered this punk rock Xmas song. I first heard it working at Spencer's during the holidays and it quickly became a favorite of mine... well, as far as holiday songs are concerned.


4. Something Corporate's "Forget December". Yeah, this is my inner 16 year old, pop punk princess coming out. If the name of this band rings a bell, but you can't place them... the lead singer of this band went on to front another band called Jack's Mannequin. After that, he went by his own name, Andrew McMahon and has a little band with him called The Wilderness. I love seeing a talented musician from when I was high school who is still able to make incredible music today. It warms my little heart!


5. Another person who can do no wrong in my eyes as far as holiday music is concerned is Bing Crosby. Yeah... I love em all! "White Christmas", "It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas", "Here's Comes Santa Claus", and "Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!" ... Just to name a few. Side note: Bing Crosby and David Bowie sang a few Christmas songs together... "Peace on Earth/The Little Drummer Boy".


6. The Ramones and "Merry Christmas (I Don't Want to Fight Tonight)" is another one I freaking adore. Again, heard this one when I worked at Spencer's and it became a regular in my Xmas Music rotation. Yeah... I have an Xmas Playlist. I play it when I go creeping around at night to look at Christmas lights. That is my #1 favorite thing to do during the holidays. I'm allllllll about those lights!


7. This last one, I can't explain, I just know I love it. A lot. Like a lot a lot. Waaaaaayyyyy more than I should admit. Yeah, it's "We Need A Little Christmas" by Angela Lansbury. Yeah... I don't know.


Okay, so that it my Xmas Playlist.... well, part of it. I didn't want to overwhelm anyone with feelings and make their heart grow three sizes today. Have a favorite Xmas song you think I might like? Or maybe one that is a favorite of yours? Leave a comment below or even a link as well and I'll check it out!

Stay Sweet and Twisted,

Krystal Lake




No comments:

Post a Comment