Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The Third Day of Christmas with Krystal Lake: Favorite Xmas Funny Films

As much as I love horror, I freaking love a good laugh! That is why I am bringing you a list of my top five favorite Xmas comedies! So let's just dive right in starting with number five and counting down!

5. The Ref - In this film, a man takes a family hostage only to realize he has picked the most dysfunctional family possible. The film takes place on Christmas Eve which makes it all sorts of holly jolly. All I know is that any film where a kid tells his mom that he is going to get her a big wooden cross so that every time she feels unappreciated for her sacrifices she "can climb on up and nail herself to it" is alright in my book!


4. Four Christmases - This one features a married couple who has their Xmas plans cancelled last minute and struggles to visit all four of their divorced parents. Best line: "Boys, I don't want to speak ill of your mother on Christmas, but she's nothing but a common street whore."


3. Bad Santa - This one has a conman and his little partner in crime dressing up as a mall Santa and an elf to eventually rob the department stores at the mall. However, this bad Santa ends up befriending a troubled kid and meeting a foxy lady. Throw in mall security and you have one crazy film. As much as this movie makes me laugh, it also kills me when I see the scenes with John Ritter and Bernie Mac, may they rest in peace.


2. Home Alone - My husband always says that every generation has that one Christmas movie that they can see themselves in just because they were a kid when it came out. For his Dad, it is A Christmas Story, for my husband it is Christmas Vacation. My film is Home Alone. I was five when this came out and I remember trying to set up traps whenever I left home for vacation. You know... juuuuussssst in case. For those of you who live under a rock, this movie is about a young boy who is accidentally left home alone on Christmas by his entire family. While his family is away and trying to get back home, this young boy must protect his home for a team of burglars.


1. Scrooged - This is just the funniest Christmas film ever! It makes me go through a whirlwind of
 emotions. Here we have a different take on the Dickens classic, A Christmas Carol. A cynical tv executive is haunted by three ghosts on Christmas Eve. I watch this one every Xmas, several times with my husband and you always know when we are watching it because my husband will update his Facebook status to say, "The bitch hit me with a toaster!"


I hope you enjoyed my list of Xmas comedies! What films do you love watching this time of year? Leave a comment below and tell me your favs!

Stay Sweet and Twisted,

Krystal Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment