Friday, December 18, 2015

The Fifth Day of Christmas with Krystal Lake: Favorite Xmas Foods

Let's be real... Christmas, like every holiday, comes with expectations when it comes to food. Valentine's Day has chocolate, Independence Day has hot dogs, and Thanksgiving has turkey. Christmas is that one holiday where everyone has their own traditions. Some people make a Christmas ham while others might have a Tofurkey, but one thing is for certain: everyone has cookies! Today I am going to share some of my favorite Xmas foods. I am going to try and keep it short, so don't be mad if it seems like I left something out.

1.  Green Beans!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why, but I have always loved green beans. I like them cold, cooked, crunchy, in a casserole! I have never been that kid that hated veggies, no matter how green they might be. The one exception being brussel sprouts. However, I recently learned that I do like brussel sprouts as long as they aren't steamed. Halve those suckers, coat them in olive oil and spices, and roast those satan vegetables!

2. Cranberries

I hated these as a kid. I liked cranberry juice, but even that I could only take in small doses. As i got older, I realized I really liked these little guys. I want them on my potatoes, on my stuffing, on my turkey. In my world, cranberries are the new gravy. I said it! I'm not taking it back!!!!

3. Gingerbread

Yeah, this stuff is like crack. I love something sweet with a bit of a kick to it. Yummy!!!!!!

4. Christmas Cookies

If you don't love Christmas cookies, you probably don't have a soul. Just kidding... sort of. I want all the cookies except for rum balls. Those things can burn in hell. I had one as a child and spit it out instantly. Rum balls are why I have trust issues, not oatmeal raisin cookies that look like chocolaty chip.

5. Grandma's Kid Friendly Bev

When I was a kid, I was all about sparkling cider, but when There are a zillion grandkids, a bottle of that does not go a long way. Grandma had a solution. Something sweet and something bubbly so it looked like champagne in our fancy stemware. She mixes a bottle of cranberry juice with a bottle of 7 Up. Yup.... that's how we roll!

I hope you enjoyed today's list. What are some of your favorite holiday foods? Let me know in the comments below!

Stay Sweet and Twisted,

Krystal Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment